Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween TOWN and Extreme Couponing!

It's been a while..AGAIN! So I guess I'm going to end up being one of those bloggers that posts every blue moon and I am ok with that. I am pretty sure no one reads this thing but my hubby and a few family members so I am not too worried! We have been getting geared up for Halloween in the Conroy household this week. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this time of year. From now until after New Years I am one happy girl. The weather has started to cool and I am in HEAVEN! We have had the windows open every night since Saturday! It feels so good to let the fresh, crisp air in. I think the pups like it too because they can be outside for longer since they can actually breathe again. I think I may be one of the only people in the world that gets cabin fever in the summer! HA! I just can't stand to be in the 100 degreee heat (especially preggers) so I stay inside for the most part.

This fall is EXTRA special of course since the little man will be making his debut. WE CANNOT WAIT!!! We are so freaking exciting around here! He has been making his presence know 24/7 in my belly lately too! I just LOVE, LOVE feeling him move all around. I will never get enough of that feeling. He comes right up with his hands, feet, elbows and says, "hi mom, whatcha doin?" Ha! Oh how I love this little boy so much already! I guess I should do a preggo stats at some point since I don't think I have in a while. Maybe tommorrow or Friday I will post one so I can remember what was happening at 33 weeks! That will be two posts in one week so we will just have to see (might be too much for me to handle!)

Today, Frank and I had our maternity pic session. It was SUPER uncomfortable feeling and who knows how they will turn out. I LOVE having our engagement and wedding pics to look at all the time, but posing for them NEVER gets easy (esp. when you feel like a whale). Hopefully the fake gazing into eachother's eyes and make believe laughs will turn out to make for good photos! Frank is a pro at it. He is so funny! He always says he doesn't want to take them, but he gets all ZOOlander when it comes time to pose. He is a regular ole' model that man! ha! After, my friend Anna and I had a girls day. We had so much fun running around. I'm so glad I have a friend like her to be preggo with. We are going to have so much fun with our little boys this spring.

After I left Anna's I headed to CVS to get my couponing on! It was an adventure to say the least. I am trying really hard to get good at the whole extra care buck thing and trying to save as much as I can. I decided this week to do seperate transactions on things to go ahead and use my bucks on each transaction. I ended up spending 76.99 total and saved 45.30 with my coupons and extra care bucks. My total savings if you count the things being on sale was 77.73. WOW!!! I got a huge thing of Charmin and Bounty, Tide, gatorade, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, starbucks coffee drinks, mouthwash, toothpaste, halloween candy, diapers, wipes, Downy and a bunch more (all name brand too)! I was so proud of myself. I usually go several times in a week and just use the extra care bucks each day and get more each time, but I decided to try to do it all in one trip. I don't think I will do that anymore. People were looking at me like I was crazy with all those coupons and seperate transactions. I started sweating and getting all flustered! It was pretty funny. The CVS is walking distance from my house so I will just make a couple trips a week to get the deals from now on. I am just not good at all those transactions! ha!

When I got home I decided to have a craft night since Frank was working late. I have had a TON of energy today and am LOVING it. I made a cute halloween wreathe for the front door. I don't know what has gotten in to me lately with all my crafting. I made Cash a little rocking chair, made a nightlight for him and all my preggo friends, and now a halloween wreathe. I guess I am getting pretty domestic. I know I won't have much time after he comes so I am getting them all in now.



My masterpiece!



I think it turned out pretty cute. Frank and I got all our halloween decor out on Sunday so it is looking pretty spooky around here. We both LOVE to decorate and he especially likes Halloween. It was so nice to get some of our outdoor stuff we bought at the old house out again. This is our first year to get to use alot of our decorations since we were in the apartment the last two.




We have a mix of Fall stuff and creepy Halloween stuff!

Love Mr Pumpkin!

I of course LOVE SPARKLE pumpkins too!

Creepy!

Our mini graveyard!

He scares me!

Conroy Halloween porch!

Finished front door with my new wreathe!


He is looking a little slouchy these days!




We are all ready for trick or treaters. It has been a good weekend/start of the week around here. I know the rest of the Fall will be even better. I hope whoever reads this thing has a good rest of the week too! Happy FALL!!!



1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad...I've fallen so behind on my blogging lately as well. Too much going on! Haha, yes, Frank is very much Zoolander-like in photos. :)

    I have always LOVED your passion for holiday decorating. You are a pro, sista!! Seriously love it all. Hope you're still feeling good. The maternity pics turned out beautifully, just as I knew they would. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete