Wednesday, October 12, 2011

34 weeks!!!!

Or should I say...six weeks to go????!!!!! The human incubator is getting ready to explode!!! Frank and I are so ready to meet our baby boy we can hardly stand it. Everything is pretty much ready to go for the little guy and now we are just waiting. I had my 34 week appointment yesterday and everything is looking good. My BP was a little high at 140/72 but the doctor didn't seem too concerned. No protein in my urine and I worked the night before so I was running on not much sleep. Little guy's measuring normal and his heart rate was a strong 150. I asked the doctor if she was one to let me go WAY past my due date (like to 42 weeks) and she said she really didn't think that would happen. She said at most she would let me go to 41 weeks. I am pretty happy about that. So, if not right before Thanksgiving, then the week after we will meet our little boy. I feel like I have been waiting for this day my whole life. I kind of have in a way. I always knew I wanted to be a mom and when I met Frank I knew I for sure wanted to have a family with him. We have been playing the name game and wondering what our children would be like for years and being six weeks away from meeting our first is just sureal for us both I think.

We had our maternity pics done by the wonderful and sweet Amy Prikazsky last week at Boone Hall Plantation. If you are in the Charleston area she is great! She is priced so reasonable and really a nice person. I think our pictures turned out great. Some are of course a little funny since we felt a little strange, but all in all I am VERY pleased. We got some really cute ones. I can't wait for her to take Cash's newborn photos. I know those suckers will be plastered ALL OVER my WALLS!!!

Cash's STATS

  • You are the size of an "average cantaloupe" per Baby Tracker (ha, whatever that means!)
  • You weigh aprox 4.75 to 5.25lbs.
  • You are around 18 inches long.
  • You are a mover and a shaker! Always swimming around and coming to the surface.
  • You started having hiccups (well that I can feel) over the weekend and mommy LOVES them.
  • Mommy is LARGE and IN CHARGE and VERY worried about how things are going to look after you come..it aint gonna be PRETTY!
  • Symptoms.....heart burn (like the sleep sitting straight up kind..YUCK!), lower back pain (as usual), leg swelling (nothing new) and the newest lovely sign that I am nearing the end is that you sometimes like to sit on a nerve or artery that makes me feel like I can't breathe and my heart is racing. Hands usually swell within seconds too! It is a little on the scary side. Doc said that it is normal of course so I will live I guess.
  • All in all, mommy still feels pretty great! I mean she is carrying the best gift in the WORLD so it is all worth it.


I really do feel like I am carrying a pumpkin around sometimes..
This past weekend, Frank and I just hung out around the house and relaxed. I made a little scrapbook of my pregnancy with all our trips and Cash's room and ultrasound pics. It turned out pretty darn cute. I hope I can keep up with his photos and memories once he is here (ha!). I will at least try I guess. We added a bookshelf in his room because we were running out of space to keep his things. The room is so tiny and is now stuffed to the gills with baby goodies! It is still pretty cute though.

This week I am setting up a pediatrician appointment to get that ball rolling and my sister will be in town Friday. My work shower is this Sunday. I cannot wait to see all the cute things my little Anna and KK have done to make the day special. They are so sweet to be doing this. Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment