Thursday, September 15, 2011

What a difference a vacation and family LOVE can make....

So, we are back from our AMAZING week away in Boston/Martha's Vineyard. We had such a great time. The wedding was absolutely PERFECT. We are so thankful that James and Alessandra included us so much in their BIG DAY! We really enjoyed staying at the gorgeous beach/wedding house and getting to know Alessandra's wonderful family and friends. They were so thoughtful to let us stay with them. It made it that much more fun. I LOVE a destination wedding! Out of all the times we have visited Boston, I still had not gone to the Vineyard. It was just as I imagined. The first day and half were rainy and cool, but the sun came out Thursday afternoon and the weather stayed perfect the rest of our trip. The town was so cute. We can't wait to go back next summer with our little guy and explore more. Maybe James and Alessandra will come with us. We just love those two. Frank is so lucky to have so many close relationships from high school and James from college. I am also lucky that they ALL are with amazing women (married or dating). I have so much fun with every one of the "wives/girlfriends/fiances". It is hard being away from them all for extended periods of time, but we pick up right where we left out as soon as we see eachother. Hopefully, we will be living closer soon. Even if that is not in the cards for us; it is still good to know we have such good/geniune people in our lives. San (as her fam and friends call her) was probably the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. I knew she would be. She is just the most naturally beautiful women inside and out. Can you tell I have a girl crush? Luckily she knows and doesn't care. The wedding went off without a hitch (except that the bride almost passed out at the altar) OOPPS!!! She got a little heated/light headed and had to take a little break. It made the service that much sweeter. Being the paparazzi that I am, I got all the ACTION on video too. Should be a funny memory to watch. She still looked gorg so that is all that matters! ha! Frank and I had a blast at the outdoor/tented reception. His highlight was giving his best man speech. He is so cute. He really did do a good job, and really enjoyed being told that. Ha! If there is one thing I don't think little Wilson will be; that is shy. His mommy and daddy do like attention..JK..kinda! I called it an early night after the wedding (but did dance till the very end) because I had stayed up with the group the couple nights before and wanted to be rested for my BIG SHOWER Sunday. I think people were a little shocked to see me cutting a rug on the dance floor with my big belly and all. Being pregnant is not an excuse to not have fun. Luckily, I felt GREAT all week and the belly is just an added accessory! Ha!




New friends!

Pretty bride at the rehearsal dinner!

Newly married!
Cute pic.not sure what I am doing with my arm!
dancing the night away
Best buds and Wilson's Godfather


Sunday morning we said our goodbyes (so sad to leave all our new friends) and headed back on the ferry to Boston. It was so pretty outside so I got to sit on the observation deck of the ferry and look out over the ocean. I think my saving grace this summer has been all the traveling to COOLER places we have done. The Charleston summer heat is NOT MY FRIEND. It is starting to cool off a bit and the miserable humidity is breaking in the morning and evenings so hopefully I can enjoy the rest of this pregnancy outside a bit more. When we got to Frank's mom's house; her and his sister Leandra were busy with last minute shower details. They went ABOVE and BEYOND!!! They made me feel so special. Jenessa also came with some yummy cookies and chicken bites. Of course all the AUNTS (as I call them...Frank's mom's sisters) also brought yummy food and treats. Wilson is one lucky little boy to be so loved. His mom did not leave any details out. All the guests brought books for him (I LOVE that) as well as tons of gifts and giftcards. We played a cute little nursery rhyme game (I def need to brush up on those). All the Conroy/Kiley women were there too. Frank's grandmother Anne was there and his cousin's wife Melanie. Frank's friends wives (Jenna and Kim) also came. My other two friend wives/girlfriends (Esther and Noelle) were there in spirit. His mom's best friend/sister Rosie and her daughter Megan came with sweet Ava (the new grandbaby). It was just an amazing day. Frank's mom had little candies wrapped with special paper just for Cash. She made a sign, had tons of balloons, made her signature candy cake, had the cutest boo boo bunnies for favors. There were candy pops, jello shots (thanks Gena), yummy cookies, amazing STRAWBERRY cupcakes (Lee-Lee). IT WAS PERFECT!!! I almost cried when I walked out to see everything, but Frank's mom already was so I just laughed. I just LOVE that woman so much. I know God has given her to me as a special gift. I need her and appreciate her so much. In my life, there have been two women that have always been there for me and I think have helped me be who I am. My grandmother was one and now momma Sue. I see alot of my grandmother in Sue. I sometimes think those two met up somewhere along the lines and agreed to be my angels. I know Wilson is going to just love his Nanna just like I adored my Nanny. Hopefully Nanny has gotten a little snuggle time in with him up in Heaven before she sends him my way.



The hubs made an appearance






My hostesses!

Of course she stayed by my side the entire time! Did I say I love her yet?

cute smell good candles





We wrapped up the week relaxing with the family and wishing our time wasn't up. It always goes by way too fast. Momma Sue and Big Frank will be here in nine short weeks so that makes it a little easier. We got all settled back in with "our girls" Tuesday night and yesterday. I went to my dreaded 3hr/four blood draw glucose test yesterday and passed with flying colors. Not one level was above normal. I guess when you starve yourself for 13 hours that will do it. The drink was still disgusting but I managed to keep it down this time. I am so happy to have that worry off my back. I am still going to watch my sugar intake, but not feel guilty every time I eat a cookie. Frank is so sweet and brought me a mini Ben and Jerry's cookie dough icecream treat home. He is the sweetest hubby!

 My 30 week checkup went well and I am now in the home stretch. They measure our fundus (uterus) every visit now and in two weeks it went from 27 to 32 so that was a little shocking. I gained three pounds so hopefully it was all in the belly (not butt) area. He was kicking and bouncing around a ton during his doplar because of the glucola drink, but his heart beat was still steadily beating! I am all signed up for the breastfeeding class and our hospital tour. Frank is also going to take the infant CPR class in November. I just need to get us in to see the pediatrician soon. We will just be relaxing and enjoying life before baby these next couple months. I know he will be here before we know it! Hope everyone (or the one person reading this) has a great weekend. I will be working...booo!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a precious post, Brittney!! Looks like y'all had an amazing time at the wedding, and those Conroy girls can sure throw a shower! It's amazing to see how much Cash is loved already. :) So glad to hear about your positive glucose test. Take it easy and enjoy this most special time with your hubby. Can't wait to come visit when baby Conroy arrives! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! We're right around the same point...I've got six-ish weeks left!

    ReplyDelete