Monday, July 2, 2012

A weekend of NORMAL

My boy..playdate with Miller a few weeks ago

He was mad when Mommy had to go to work

Funny face...the flash made him make the silliest face
Happy July!!!  Things have slowed to a steady pace around here and we feel like we can breathe again. I actually had my first Saturday and Sunday off in forever (maybe since I've been back) yesterday. We enjoyed our half Saturday and Sunday together. We went on a family date to lunch Saturday at this cute little restaurant here in Summerville called the Icehouse. Then we went and walked around Target and World Market. Cash took a little nap in his carrier while we looked at all the goodies we wish we could buy. We did get some fun things. Frank always likes to try different beers from World Market; and he loves collecting different beer glasses. I got an umbrella to put up in the backyard when Cash is playing. I was looking for a little kiddie pool too, but didn't find one. It is funny how we ended up spending $200 between lunch and the two places. Oops! That is why it is bad news to go to Target. We had fun though, and got a couple things we needed. Sunday we went to church for the SECOND week in a row! SCORE! Cash went to the nursery. The couple that works in there seems to really like him. They are super nice and we trust them. We are so lucky he does well with new faces. He is just a little friendly feller. They were shocked at how much he eats. I told them last week if he gets fussy he had food pouches in his bag. They said they gave him one and he got mad, so they gave him the second. What a piggie we have on our hands! Love it. It is nice to go into church and really get to hear the message because I don't have to worry about if he is ok. I know he is with them.

Sunday evening I got a girls night out to see Magic MIKE!!! Ha! Church in the AM, raunchy movie in the PM! Weird! The movie was actually pretty awful. Acting/storyline was bad, the actress that played Channing Tatum's love interest was awful! I didn't expect it to be Oscar worthy, but it was pretty bad. I think they could have for sure found a prettier/better actress for the female part. She seriously looked like her mouth was hurting from dental surgery most of the movie! Ha! Maybe they didn't want to put a really pretty actress in that role becuase they want all of us suckers to think we still have a chance with Channing. The stripper scenes were hilarious and Magic Mike sure has some dance moves that are pretty awesome sauce! Also, this goes without saying....Mathew, oh Mathew!!! You are a God! Ha! The company was good, and us girls had alot of fun being silly. It was good for me and my momma friend Anna to get out for a night. I missed my boys though. I came home and told Frank all about how bad it was and showed him some of the moves (not like that..in a "I have no rhythm/silly/fully clothed kind of way")

So, all in all it was wonderfully fun/relaxed weekend spent mostly just being a family. Just us. It was super nice. Today, I sent Cash off to Ines house even though I am not working so I could sleep in/workout/clean/and pack for our trip Thursday to Atlanta. We are super excited to be going to visit my brother and sis-in-law in there new house. Even more great is that my bestie and her baby belly and sister will be there. Sister Tay will be heading back to Charleston with us to spend the week! YIPPEE!! Then...Aunt Lee will be here next Friday for Cash's baby dedication at church! Super YIPPEE!!! We have a fun filled few weeks ahead. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment