Saturday, July 14, 2012

Family Fun Fourth

Well....actually it was a family, fun, fourth after the fourth. Frank and I scooped up Cash and headed to Atlanta to visit my brother and sis-in-law for the weekend. My sister and bestie; Nicole, met us there. We had such a good weekend being all together. We don't see my brother and his wife nearly enough. They just moved into a beautiful home. We broke it in for them for sure. We got to my brothers Thursday evening around 6. Cash was pretty ancy from being in the car for five hours. We let him play for a bit while we got settled then gave him his bath/bottle. Nicole and Taylor got there just in time to see him before he went down for the night. We ate a yummy dinner in and just hung out and chatted that night. On Friday; Nicole, Taylor, and I headed to H&M and Ikea! System overload is an understatement. Cash did great, but it it ALOT to go to both those crazy stores in one day. We had never been to an Ikea and wanted to check it out. It was more like a museum than a store! That place is for sure an all day event. The guys played golf while we shopped; and unfortuntely, Christina had to work. Everyone wanted to go to dinner, but we weren't too sure how Cash would do after shopping all day. We came home and gave him his evening bath and decided to brave keeping him up WAY passed his bedtime! He luckily did great. We kept him entertained by feeding him extra and he eventually fell asleep in his careat around 9. When we got home, Frank lifted him up out of the carseat hoping to just change his clothes and put him down for the night without waking him too much! That is NOT how things went down! Frank wasn't upstairs five minutes when I heard.."BRITTNEY, can you please come up here?" I headed up to see what he needed and he was standing in the bedroom holding screaming Cash with one hand and yelling that he had poop on him and on the bed! I took Cash to the bathroom and tried to see if I could clean him, but it was EVERYWHERE! He was mad as fire too! He was swinging his hands everywhere. He put his hand right in the poop...then.....straight to his mouth!!!! YIKES!!! I had no choice but to get in the shower with him. Poor boy must have thought he was having a nightmare! I cleaned him as quickly as I could and dressed him. As soon as I put him to bed he was out. Frank and I started to clean the mess up. I went downstairs to ask for some cleaning products and tell everyone what happened. Frank followed. We were standing on the stairs talking to everyone and I noticed POOP ON THE STAIRS!!! Gross! It was everywhere. Frank had to retrace his steps to make sure he got everything while I took the carseat apart (once again!) to be washed. We seriously have the poopiest child in the WORLD! We can't go anywhere! We felt like the Clampets destroying my brother's beautiful/child-free home! Ha!

Can't wait for these two to have a babe!

she told me I had long nose hairs!

The ladies

LOVE it!

Early morning hanging with the family!

Uncle Ben was showing Cash how to play with his new toy!

Can't wait to meet baby boy Cole


She seriously looked like the princess in Aladin..and she loved her some baby Cash..love how she is fixing his shirt like a little momma


The next day we all went to my brother's friends neighborhood pool. It had a HUGE curly waterslide all of us adults had a blast going down. Cash LOVED being in the pool and being passed around all day! He was the life of the party. We couldn't have had a better day. He was out like a light that night and slept until 8:30 Sunday! Christina cooked us a delicious breakfast and we headed home. Taylor came with us and will stay for the week. It is so nice having her here. I wish so badly that we lived closer. We miss all of our family so much. These next two days kind of stink because I have to work so I can't spend much time with Tay. She gets all the time she can get with Cash though because she is keeping him while I sleep after my shifts. What a great Aunt she is!

We will get to have some fun starting Wednesday. Then Friday, Leandra will get in town for Cash's baby dedication at church. We are going to have so much fun all together! Even though we are far from eachother, we are blessed that all our family loves Cash (and us) enought to come visit regularly.

Cash is doing great and so close to crawling! He is such a nosey rosey! He is always grabbing everything and anything he can get his hands on! We just love that happy little fellar!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post! And looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. We miss you all so much!! I can't believe how big Cash is getting. Hope to see you soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete