Saturday, November 19, 2011

NANNA SUE is here, beach days, and baby things!

So Cash's grandpa and Nanna made it safe and sound today from Boston! So excited to have my sweet, sweet mother in law here with me! I am so lucky to have her in my life. So many women don't have close relationships with their mother-in-laws and I count my blessings every day that mine is such a wonderful person. I mean how could she not be??? She did raise my amazing husband. It is so hard living so far away from all our family so moments like these are precious. Getting to show her all of Cash's baby things and seeing her face light up is just priceless. Of course she started boo hooing as soon as she walked in his room. She is such a mess. That is why I LOVE her so much. We are going to have such a wonderful two weeks together and then again at Christmas. So glad she will get to experience our first moments as new parents with us. She will surely be a HUGE help.

I am going to have her in the delivery room with us as well. I just think having her by my side will make things all the more special. She is just like a mother to me. Can't say enough how much she means to me. I know Cash is going to LOVE his Nanna too!

This is a funny face I am making..she was probably saying something silly!
So we got them all settled in and gave them the tour of our new house/neighborhood. Now we are going to hang out and wait for Cash to come. I know I have posted pics of his room before, but it is all complete now so here are pics with everything ready and waiting. Also, we took the girls to the beach a couple weeks ago to visit Katherine and baby Tyler. They had a blast. I think they miss the beach now that we live farther away. They were pooped all night after playing so hard. Love my first babies!

Beach BABES!
Getting her workout in!
Love his daddy's hobby horse and mommy's lion!
Can't wait to have him in his crib!
Got to have his Redsox hat!
He is all set with tons of books!
Sweet baby clothes

Washed and ready to go!






So hopefully we will meet our little guy by Wed night if not sooner. Yesterday I was in NESTING overdrive! I cleaned the entire house ALL morning to get ready for our inlaws then decided I needed to go to Michaels and get all the things I will need for a baby shower I am throwing in December (which I think was a good idea considering Cash will only be like three weeks old then) and to top it off I found these cute free print outs for Thanksgiving on Pinterest that were too cute to not do something with. What did I do you say? I made caramel/chocolate dipped pretzel rods to take to the hospital and give to the nurses. I also made some really cute chocolate dipped oreos that look like turkeys. I am a freak. My kitchen looked like a tornado hit it, but the pretzels turned out super cute. What nurse doesn't like to be told thank you (esp. on Thanksgiving). Maybe they will be extra sweet to us too! ha!

Finished product! I made regular chocolate too but they were drying!

These looked a little funny but tasted YUMMO!

YOWZA!!!!

So please come SOON baby boy because MOMMA needs to STOP NESTING!!! I am sure daddy would appreciate that too! Sorry for the picture overload! MEMORIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment