Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Officially the WORST blogger EVER!!!

So, It has been a LOONG time since I last blogged. My weekly pregnancy posts have falllen to the wayside! I promise I will be back on my A game next week. With our WONDERFUL Ireland vacation and getting ready to head out of town yet again September 6 (for Frank's best man's wedding) I have just been running around CRAZY. I worked three nights in a row as soon as we got home last week and was just pooped Sunday! I think I was still recovering Monday, and yesterday had a girls day with two wonderful preggo friends..Anna and Katherine. We went to Columbia and met up with Anna's mom (so sweet and fun). I headed over to Laroque to have a dress made by the wonderful Annabelle (she made my feather wedding dress) for the wedding coming up. I wanted to feel pretty at the wedding since I will be about 30 weeks preggo and Frank is the best man. I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. I will be able to wear it to another wedding in September we have and could even get it cut short after the pregnancy to wear alot more. I think it is going to be SUPER cute. Last night when we got home (after driving home through an AWFUL thunderstorm) I got busy crafting on some of the goodies I picked up at Hobby Lobby in Columbia. After going on three years of living in Charleston I still can't believe there is NO HOBBY LOBBY!!! It is a crime! And Columbia has TWO!!! No fair! Especially now that the baby is coming and with the two showers I am throwing I just can't stand it. They already had Thanksgiving and Christmas goodies out and it made me so excited for the fall. I wish my buddy Jessica was with me to wonder around looking at all the fun stuff. Her and Nicole are coming to visit in January after the baby comes so we will HAVE to make a trip to hit up the after Christmas deals. That is when I get most all my holiday decor. Well, we had a GREAT day getting fitted, having lunch and shopping. We went to a really cute baby store and Anna found some things that really got her excited about decorating her sweet little ones nursery. I can't wait to see Anna and Katherine's nurseries soon. I think it is sooo fun that we are all three having boys together!!! Hopefully they will be the best of friends.

So on to the most AMAZING trip of our lives.....IRELAND!!!



We saw a bunch a BEAUTIFUL scenery, ate a TON (mostly I did), met some wonderful locals, wondered around little towns and drove down little windy roads (scared to death). We drove up mountains, walked up mountains, saw tons of cows and goats and sheep. Ate some more! Frank enjoyed some Guiness while I kept on eating. We just had the most amazing time. I could go on and on and on FOREVER!! I'll save you from that, but if anyone is thinking of taking a trip to Ireland we would recommend it 100%. We loved using Brendan Vacations (thanks Kerri) and it was just so fun to be able to drive around on our own and not have a strict schedule, but still have a final destination every night. We will NEVER forget this trip and hope to go back soon (maybe with our little boy and Frank's mom). It is just an amazing country with amazing people and history. The only negatives (and they were worth it) were our first car not having power steering and the flights. I just don't do as well on them being pregnant. I am glad I didn't know what I was getting myself into beforehand so I wasn't too worried (prob not good). I swelled up like a marshmallow!! It was national geographic like...ha!! Then poor Frank did not do well with the last hour of turbulance coming home and my head tried to explode with the weather change. Fun, fun!!! It was all worth the amazing adventure! We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Here are a few pictures from the 400 we took!


Me no likey!



But he sure does!
First purchase in Ireland for our little one!
Breathtaking!

Now this is what I am talking about!




My love!

These were a a lifesaver!! I know...SEXY!

My favorite dessert of all time!







So now we are home...getting back to the daily grind. The baby is doing GREAT! I go Friday for my 24 week app (a week late) and hopefully he is just a growing in there. He sure does like the kick his mommy! I felt him more in Ireland than ever. He must have LOVED all the food I gave him. We are just at 25 and half weeks and feeling great! I will do a 26 week post Monday and then promise to be a better blogger. I don't really know why I am so worried that people may have missed me. This blog is really just for me anyway. I am now on my way to meet little miss Kinley Ryan Babel.  My friend Tessa  and her husband Ryan just welcomed her yesterday so I am headed to visit her and then off for work. I cannot wait to get my hands on that sweet angel. Her daddy is going to need to lock her up in 15 years bc she is one of the few girls I know of so many preggo friends. Everyone is having BOYS! I know her mommy is so happy to have here here finally. I hope everyone has a GREAT rest of the week!


1 comment:

  1. Love this post!! Your belly is so precious! I'm so glad we got to Skype you in Ireland. It looked absolutely beautiful, and I'm so happy to hear what a great time you had. Hopefully Brent and I can get over there sometime. Miss y'all so much!

    ReplyDelete